10 Things You Must Do to Get Clicks Today
The premise of article marketing is simple: post short articles that include inbound links back to a website on article submission sites. These little articles will then benefit the website in two main ways: through direct traffic from people reading the article and through increased page rank as a result of the inbound link from the article. Article marketing is not complicated; however, there are very specific things you can do to increase the effectiveness of this strategy. Here’s 10 tips you can use today to get more traffic from your articles:
1. Incorporate your target keywords into the title of the article.
2. Provide catchy, attention-grabbing headlines that describe the benefits of reading the article or offer a solution to the readers’ problem.
3. Use the keywords as early as possible in your title, and as early as possible in the article.
4. Make sure you are using keywords at the appropriate keyword density. Each keyword should appear two to three times per 100 words in the article.
5. Use your keywords as anchor text to form the hyperlink back to your page.
6. Keep your articles short and to the point. Offer valuable information in an easy to read and understand format.
7. Make your articles “skimmable.” Use lots of headlines and bulleted lists. Keep paragraphs to no more than 2 to 3 sentences in length.
8. Tweet your articles on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites. Promoting your articles will increase their visibility.
9. Limit your sales pitch to the author box. Don’t self promote in the body of the article.
10. Select topics that cater to a specific area within a niche. Articles that are too broad in subject matter will not attract much attention.