10 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website – Free Online Marketing Techniques
Getting your business’s website online is a surefire way to increase your sales. A few tips can get you on your way to sales improvement. Here are the top ten online marketing techniques to increase traffic to your website.
- Use social media sites. These are accessed by tens of millions of people every day. The ability to connect with others on a social level by using Facebook and Twitter is a great marketing strategy. For a more professional social media approach, see what LinkedIn has to offer.
- Write a blog. By having a blog, you not only provide your customers with a way to stay up-to-date with the products you offer, but you have a way to continually grab the attention of Google with your updated information.
- Participate in forums. When you can give advice on topics that people are actively searching for, you can include a link and direct traffic to your site using this free online marketing method.
- Write articles. With the right search engine optimization techniques, you can direct people to your site from the backlinks posted in your articles.
- Create videos. Many people are more interested in watching a video than they are to read a lengthy article. Title your video with something catchy and SEO-friendly to direct more viewers to your video and ultimately your website.
- Use pay-per-click advertising. This is an online marketing method that some companies use to get themselves to the top of Google’s return lists. You pay for a spot at the top and choose how much you will pay for every click your link receives from that location.
- Implement e-mail marketing. By coordinating your email template with the profile of your site, you are likely to see a high conversion rate of those on your e-mailing list to those who make purchases.
- Use keywords on your website. By using the right keywords at the correct density, you will find your website skyrocketing to the top of Google’s return lists.
- Design your site to be user-friendly. Because there are so many websites, your potential customers may click on your link, stare at your confusing site for ten seconds, and direct themselves elsewhere. A clear, clean website is the trick to effective online marketing.
- Fill your site with fresh content. None of these tips will mean anything if your website is outdated and unoriginal. You must offer customers something new and perfect for their needs if they are to buy anything.